J.A.G. Campbell adalah saudara kandung Douglas (D.G.) Campbell, Residen Negri Sembilan (acting) 1901-1909, Pahang (acting) 1903, Selangor (acting) 1903-1909 (Federated Malay States Government, 1932: |"Year Book and Manual of Statistics 1932"): “Douglas Campbell joined the service as a Surveyor and in ten years rose to the position of 'Senior District Officer, Klang. He married, but had the misfortune to lose his wife, who was very popular. He acted Resident of the State, and about that time married the only daughter of C. E. Spooner, c.m.g.. General Manager of Railways, but he died quite recently when Adviser to the Sultan of Johore, deeply regretted, and his widow returned to the old country. His brother J. A. G. Campbell was in the Civil Service, and was also District Officer of Klang, but died out here from pneumonia.” (“RIMBA”, 1922: |"Bygone Selangor; a souvenir", m.s.10).
- 1883: Mula bertugas di Selangor Civil Service: “Campbell, J.A.G. (n.d.-1893). Campbell joined the Selangor Civil Service in 1883. His different appointments included district officer of Kuala Langat, Ulu Langat, Ulu Selangor and Klang, and that of magistrate and inspector of schools, Kuala Lumpur.” (Sandra Khor Manickam, 2015: "Taming the Wild: Aborigines and Racial Knowledge in Colonial Malaya", m.s.206).
- 1883 (30 April): Dilantik sebagai Pemungut Cukai, dan Majistret Sungai Langat: “Cecil Ranking dilantik sebagai Pemungut Cukai, dan Majistret Sungai Langat pada 27 September 1882. Seterusnya, J. A. G. Campbell pada 30 April 1883, kemudiannya Bellamy pada bulan II Mei 1885 dilantik sebagai Pemungut Cukai, dan Majistret Kuala Langat.” (Ahmad Farhan Abdullah, 2012: |"Penglibatan Tunku Panglima Raja Berkat dalam politik dan pentadbiran negeri Selangor pada abad ke-19").
- 1886: Menulis laporan etnografi mengenai budaya orang asli di daerahnya ketika itu: “Two Of the lengthier 1886 reports, written by G .C. Bellamy for Kuala Langat and Campbell for Ulu Langat, show a scholarly inclination. … Campbell's report was mostly a collection of ethnographic details on marriage customs, games, methods of obtaining food and word lists. … Physical descriptions Of the people made up small sections in both reports, showing scholarly thinking that tried to find physical correlations to already noted social facts. … In Campbell's physical descriptions of the “races” of Sakai in his district, he focused on height, considered directly proportional to degree of civilization. The Orang Laut (sea people), identified as “the best-made race” and “the best-looking set”, were also the tallest of the three groups he reported on, while the Orang Bukit (hill people) were the shortest group and displayed the most “primitive” characteristics.” (Sandra Khor Manickam, 2015: "Taming the Wild: Aborigines and Racial Knowledge in Colonial Malaya", m.s.130).
- 1887: Ditukarkan ke Ulu Selangor. Terdapat petisyen Penghulu Abdul Rahman dan kumpulannya dari Kajang, memohon untuk mengekalkan J.A.G. Campbell sebagai Majistret Ulu Langat (PEJABAT SETIAUSAHA KERAJAAN NEGERI SELANGOR, 02/02/1887: |"PETITIONING THAT MR. J.A.G. CAMPBELL MAY BE DETAINED AS COLLECTOR AND MEGISTRATE IN THAT DISTRICT").
- 1892: Dilantik Pegawai Daerah Klang (PEJABAT DAERAH/TANAH KLANG, 2013: |"SENARAI MANTAN PEGAWAI DAERAH KLANG"). Mula jatuh sakit. Mengambil cuti panjang, mungkin sehingga akhir hayatnya (PEJABAT SETIAUSAHA KERAJAAN NEGERI SELANGOR, 06/05/1892: |"MR. J.A.G.CAMPBELL D.O. ULU SELANGOR THREE MONTHS SICK LEAVE - APPLIES FOR;").
- 1893: Meninggal dunia: “Campbell, J.A.G. (n.d.-1893)” (Sandra Khor Manickam, 2015: "Taming the Wild: Aborigines and Racial Knowledge in Colonial Malaya", m.s.206).
|Laman Utama||1900-1909||1910-1919||1920-1929||1930-1939||1940-1949||1950-1959||1960-1969||1970-1979||1980-1989||1990-1999||Hubungi Kami|